Saturday 22 May 2010

One week done!

Well as it says, I have been on the island for a week, I have already had my ups and downs, mainly, the lack of sleep caused by a few things, noise of birds and excesses of wine are the most probable reasons!

So far I have done a night watch (and am on one as I type) an eider census which we found 260 active and hatched nests! We've put out monitoring enclosures for lauras phd, and tommorow we have the black headed gull census!

The one thing about this place is the fact that u can't step outside without getting covered in poo! :( but I have got 2 shit jackets! So I'm ok! Photos are coming on well, lots of good ones that just need a bit of touching up. Then u may get to see them! :) ttfn people, back to watching the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment